Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Cirrus SR22 Fuel Level Retrofit

Feedback on the the CiES system....


While my aircraft (NA G3 #3813 Perspective) was at Leading Edge Aviation in Tampa for an annual, I had the CiES digital fuel system installed. The crew at LEA had recently received the benefit of Scott Philben's tutelage on the intricacies of this installation, and I was in line next for the retrofit. Two points of observation:
From This


1 - Fuel quantities are now precise and crisp. No longer do I tend to disbelieve fuel gauge indications because of erratic needles.

 Now there is no "negotiating" with myself of how much fuel I probably have. The installation includes calibration at 2 gallon intervals from "Zero Fuel" empty to full.  In my opinion, the replacement round gauge on the center panel is superior to the Perspective MFD indication.  Fuel quantity and balance is abundantly clear.
To This


2 - Choice of shop doing the work is very important. With the changes in wiring harnesses among all the iterations of Cirrus aircraft, there are a several unique and significant distinctions for each application. You need a knowledgable, detail-oriented, and thorough installer. I was fortunate to have one at Leading Edge Aviation.

Contact Steve Miller if you want this job done properly.




Finally, thank you Scott Philben for extending the OSH incentive, motivating me to get this system in my airplane. After seeing the results, I think the discount I received should more appropriately have been a premium paid to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment